CHRYSANTHUS CHUKWUMA SR (AB, MA, MD, PhD, DSc)
DR CHRYSANTHUS CHUKWUMA SR:
Name: Dr Chrysanthus Chukwuma Sr
Place of Birth: Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, Nigeria
Place of Origin: Idembia, Ezza South LGA, Ebonyi State, Nigeria
Marital Status: Married with Children
Date of Birth: 25 October, 1954
Position/Title: Executive Director
Name/Type of Organization: The Chrysanthus Centre for Future- Oriented Studies/Centre for Future-Oriented Studies A non-Profit Organization Incorporated with Corporate Affairs Commission, Nigeria as CTR FUTURE-ORIENTED LTD with No. RCH604637
Address: Plot P10 Eguogboriga Government Residential Layout, Enugu-Abakaliki Expressway. c/o 12/17 Mgbowo Street, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, Nigeria
info: https://ng.linkedin.com/in/futuredrchrysanthuschukwumasr Website 2 info: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Chrysanthus_Chukwuma_ Sr Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/people/Chrysanthus-Chukwuma
1. DSc (Doctor of Science): Faculty of Agriculture & Forestry, University of Helsinki (Helsingin Yliopisto), Helsinki, Finland (August
Major: Limnology & Environmental Protection
Minor: Biochemistry, Cell & Molecular Biology
Dissertation: Integrative Procedure for Environmental Impact Assessment, Planning and Management of Non-Ferrous Metal Mining Operations in Nigeria.
2. MA: Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Helsinki (Helsingin Yliopisto), Helsinki, Finland (October/November 1990- June 1991)
Major - Public Administration/Political Science
Thesis: Information/Communication Needs and Resources for Rural
Development in Anambra State, Nigeria
3. Post-Doctoral Research Fellow: Dept of Public Health/Health Care Administration, Faculty of Medicine, University of Helsinki (Helsingin Yliopisto) Helsinki, Finland (August 1986- May 1988
Project: Development of Monitoring System for the Evaluation of Health for All by the Year 2000 in Anambra State, Nigeria
4. MD (Doctor of Medicine): Universidad Centro de Investigacion Formacion Asesona Social (UCIFAS), Facultidad de Medicina, Escuela de Medicina, Santo Domingo de Guzman, La Republica Dominicana (May 1982-April 1984).
5. PhD: Columbia Pacific University, (CPU) Faculty of Health & Human Services, San Rafael, California, USA (Jan 1980-April 1982). Major: Health Services Administration
Dissertation: Health Care Delivery System in the 23 Local
Government Areas of Anambra State, Nigeria: A Critical Study.
6. AB (Artium Baccalaureus)/BSc: Faculty of Physical & Natural Sciences, Alabama State University (ASU), Montgomery, AL, USA (June 1976 ? August 1977)
Major/Minor - Biology/Chemistry
7. Certificate: Evo Forestry Institute/Evon Metsaopisto, Evo, Finland (1992)
Programme: Environmental Protection Administration
8. Certificate: Faculty of Law, University of Helsinki (Helsingin
Yliopisto), Helsinki, Finland (1991)
Programme: Problems in Contemporary International Law
9. Higher School Certificate (HSC): College of Immaculate
Conception (CIC)/Enugu High School, Enugu, Nigeria (June 1974).
10. West African School Certificate (WASC/WAEC) FIRST DIVISION: Izzi High School (COSCO), Ishieke, Abakaliki, Nigeria (November
OTHER EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCES
1. Clinical Practice: Hospital Salvador B. Gautier, Santo Domingo, Republica Dominicana (Dominican Republic) (1983/84).
2. Clinical Practice: Centro Materno Infantil San Lorenzo De Los
Minas, Santo Domingo Este, Dominican Republic (1983/84).
3. Clinical Practice: El Hospital Central de las Fuerzas Armadas (Central Hospital of the Armed Forces), Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (1983/84). http://hospitalcentral.mil.do/
4. Elective Medical Courses: Universidad Tecnologica de Santiago (UTESA), Ave Maximo Gomez, Santo Domingo, La Republica Dominicana (1983).
OTHER EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCES
A. LLB Bachellor of Laws/DPA Postgraduate Diploma Public
Degree Candidate: The University of London, London, England
B. Developmental, Molecular & Cellular Biology PhD Candidate (All But Dissertation, ABD): Atlanta University (Clark-Atlanta University), Atlanta, GA, USA (1980-82).
C. Medical Biochemistry PhD Candidate: Medical College of Georgia
(MCG), Augusta, GA, USA (1980).
D. Biostatistics & Epidemiology DrPH (Doctor of Public Health) Candidate: The University of Oklahoma (OU), Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, USA (Aug 1978-Dec 1979).
E. Biochemistry/Chemistry PhD Candidate: The University of Oklahoma (OU), Norman, Oklahoma, USA (Aug 1978-Dec 1979). F. Social Science & Administrative Studies MPA Candidate: Auburn University Montgomery (AUM), Montgomery, AL, USA (Jan-Aug
G. Biology MS Candidate: Alabama State University (ASU), Montgomery, AL, USA (1977-78).
H. Part 1A Basic Sciences: University of Lagos (UNILAG), Akoka, Lagos State, Nigeria/School of Medical Laboratory Technology, Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi-Araba, Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria (1975).
I. Part 1B AIMLT Candidate: School of Medical Laboratory Technology, Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi-Araba, Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria (1975-76).
J. The Nigeria Civil War /The Nigeria-Biafra War: 6 July, 1967-12
January, 1970 (as Chrysanthus Chukwuma).
K. Government College Ughelli (GCU), Ughelli, Delta State, Nigeria
(as Sunday Chukwuma): Jan 1966- Aug 1967.
L. Sido Preparatory Day School, Warri, Nigeria (as Sunday
Chukwuma): Apr 1962- Dec 1965.
M. New Benin Public School, Benin City, Nigeria (as Sunday
Chukwuma): Jan 1960- Apr 1962.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
1. Part-time Research & Teaching Staff: Dept of Public Health (Kansanterveyslaitos), University of Helsinki (Helsingin Yliopisto)/National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), Helsinki, Finland (June 1-Nov 30, 2008)
Duties: Global trend and incidence of type 1 diabetes mellitus in children & young adults.
2. Collaborative Researcher: Dept of Public Health Sciences (Kansanterveyslaitos), University of Helsinki (Helsingin Yliopisto)/National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), Helsinki, Finland (April 2005-September 30, 2005)
Duties: The impact of diabetes on premature ageing due to gene- environment interaction.
3. Collaborative Researcher: Dept of Epidemiology & Health
Promotion, Division of Chronic Diseases, Diabetes & Genetic
Epidemiology Unit, National Public Health Institute (KTL)/National
Institute for Health & Welfare (THL), Helsinki, Finland (1997-2003).
4. Researcher: Dept of General Practice & Primary Health Care, Faculty of Medicine, University of Helsinki (Helsingin Yliopisto), Helsinki, Finland (1996).
Duties: Re-(emerging) infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS, etc.
5. Researcher: THL International Affairs Unit (formerly International Development Corporation, IDC/Health & Development Corporation, HEDEC/National Research & Development Centre for Welfare & Health, STAKES, Helsinki, Finland (1993).
Duties: Country Study: Egypt.
6. Senior Post-Doctoral Research Fellow/Research Fellow - Dept of Epidemiology & Health Promotion, Division of Chronic Diseases, National Public Health Institute (KTL)/National Institute for Health & Welfare (THL), Helsinki, Finland (1989-1993).
Duties: Diabetes & other disorders in endocrine metabolism, cardiovascular risk factors, hypertension, cerebrovascular disorders, chronic & infectious diseases
7. Visiting Senior Research Fellow - Dept of Community Health, Preventive & Social Medicine, Linkoping University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden (June 1988-August 1989)
Project: Implementation of Health for All by the Year 2000 in
Anambra State, Nigeria
8. Research Fellow - Social Insurance Institution, Helsinki, Finland
Duties: Primary Healthcare according to the World Health
Organization (WHO) Guidelines.
9. Researcher: Dept of Clinical Chemistry, Helsinki University Central Hospital (Meilahti), Helsinki, Finland (Feb 1986 ? July 1986). Duties: Nutritional Values of Lignans & Phytoestrogens as related to Cancer.
10. Research Technician: Dept of Developmental, Molecular & Cellular Biology, Clark-Atlanta University, Atlanta, GA, USA (August
1980- May 82).
Duties: Genome Sequencing in the Pharaoh Quail.
11. Graduate Assistant: Dept of Chemistry, The University of
Oklahoma (OU), Norman, OK, USA (1978/79).
Duties: Laboratory Instructor & Tutoring.
12. Volunteer ACTION- Huntingdon College, Montgomery, AL, USA (1976-78) .
13. Senior Chemistry Teacher Obanikoro Grammar School, Obanikoro, Lagos State, Nigeria (1975/76).
14. Enumerator, Manpower Survey - Ministry of Finance & Economic Development, Government of East Central State, Nigeria (1974).
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES, HONOURS & AWARDS
· Future Trends
Innovations In Health
Innovations In Radiology
International Development Studies
Society for the Social Studies of Science
The Millennium Project
United Nations Environment Programme
. World Futures Studies Federation
. Presidential Aspirant Federal Republic of Nigeria April General
. Senatorial Candidate Designate Ebonyi State Central April General Elections 2011
. WHO is WHO in Ebonyi Land, Nigeria (2009)
. Governorship Candidate & Party Leader (NNPP - New Nigeria
People?s Party) Ebonyi State Nigeria 2007 Elections.
. The New York Academy of Sciences (1994).
. American Association for the Advancement of Science
. Marquis Who?s Who in Science & Engineering.
. Eminent Nigerian Personality in Scandinavia (ENPIS) ? Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Stockholm, Sweden (1993).
. Registered Consultant: African Development Bank, AfDB, Abidjan, Cote d?Ivoire & selected multinationals in Europe & USA in the 1990s.
. Most Highly Cited Author Award for the article ''Trends in the prevalence, awareness, treatment and control of hypertension: the WHO MONICA Project''. European Society of Cardiology, Stockholm, Sweden, 2009
. The paper ''Environmental Monitoring and Information Systems for Mineralized Areas'' selected as one of the Top Ten Entries from Result of Jury Evaluation for National Award for Best Practices in Improving the Living Environment 2002 Edition, Federal Ministry of Housing & Urban Development, ABUJA FCT, Nigeria. I amThe only individual/organization selected from Ebonyi State, Nigeria.
. Selected as one of the 100 OUTSTANDING NIGERIANS inter alia the FIRST NIGERIAN EXPERT IN ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT. The Source Vol. 1, No. 26, Lagos, Nigeria, 1997. The only individual selected from Ebonyi State, Nigeria.
. AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE for the article ''Latent Constraints for Improved Environmental Health Management in Non- Industrialised Countries''. Env Management & Hlth 1995, 6(4):9-14. Literati Club, MCB University Press, Bradford, United Kingdom (1997).
. Single-authored and published 24 articles in scientific journals (written & submitted between 1992 & 1995) towards 1995
DSc obtained at the University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland.
- Swedish Institute Scholarship for Community Health, Preventive & Social Medicine (1988/89).
. Special Grant for Primary Healthcare Research: Ministry of
Education, Government of Anambra State, Enugu, Nigeria (1988).
. Certification & Recognition of Doctor of Medicine Degree. Consejo Nacional de Educacion Superior (CONES), La Presidencia de la Republica, Santo Domingo de Guzman, La Republica Dominicana (1985).
. Registration of Doctor of Medicine Qualification: Secretario de Estado de Salud Publica y Asistencia Social, Santo Domingo de Guzman, La Republica Dominicana (1985).
. Honor Roll Commendation from International Graduate Students Office, The University of Oklahoma (OU), Norman, OK, USA (1979).
. Dean's Commendation, Alabama State University, Montgomery, AL, USA (1977).
. Institute of Medical Laboratory Technology of Nigeria, Student
Technologist Registration, No. RS. 0687 & Ref 0687/3 (3rd April
. Overseas PhD Scholarship Award for Biochemistry, Molecular
& Cellular Biology, Ministry of Education, Government of Anambra
State, Enugu, Nigeria (1977).
. Overseas Scholarship Award for Medicine, Ministry of
Education, Government of Anambra State, Nigeria (1976-84).
. Overseas Scholarship Award for Medical Laboratory Technology, Ministry of Education, Federal Government of Nigeria (1976).
. Izzikworo Community Scholarship Award, Ezza, Nigeria (1973-
. Father Collin's Scholarship Award (1971).
- C. Chukwuma, Sr & P. Bjurulf (1990): A case study of the information-base needed for effective evaluation of primary healthcare programmes in Anambra State, Nigeria. Int J Hlth Sc,
- M.H. Makame, DERI Study Group (1992): Childhood diabetes, insulin and Africa. Diabetic Medicine, 9(6): 571-73. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-5491.1992.tb01841.x.
- C. Chukwuma, Sr (1992): Comments on the clinical impact of hypertension in type 1 diabetes. J Diabetes Complications, 6:197-
202. Corpus ID:37727155. https://doi.org/10.1016/1056-
- C. Chukwuma, Sr & J. Tuomilehto (1993): Type 1 diabetes and
coronary heart disease. Cardiovascular Risk Factors, 3(2):129-37.
- (1993): Diabetes and the risk of stroke. J Diabetes Comp,
7(4):250-62. Corpus ID: 26548841 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9610(05)8053-8.
.....(1993) Type 1 diabetic nephropathy: Clinical characteristics and economic impact. J Diab
- C. Chukwuma, Sr (1993): Type 1 diabetic nephropathy: clinical features and economic impact. J Diabetes Comp, 7(1):15-27. Corpus ID: 68563670.
- (1993): The impacts of mining operations in Nigeria with
particular reference to the Enyigba-Abakaliki area. Int J Env Edu & Inf, 12(4):321-36. (THE ONLY PAPER CITED FOR HEALTH & ENVIRONMENTt in the UNEP AFRICA MINISTERIAL CONFERENCE on the ENVIRONMENT, Tripoli 2004).
- (1993): Cadmium, lead & zinc from terrestrial plants in the Enyigba-Abakaliki lead and zinc mine: search for a monitoring plant species in trace element distribution. Bulletin Env Contam Toxicol,
- (1993): Comparison of the accumulation of cadmium, lead and
zinc in edible & wild plant species in the derelict Enyigba-Abakaliki lead & zinc mine, Nigeria. Toxicol & Env Chemistry, 38:167-73. DOI:
- (1994): Health concepts, issues and experience in Abakaliki area, Nigeria. Env Hlth Persp, 102(10):854-6. DOI:
- (1994): Environment and Development: A Social Evaluation
Survey in Nigeria in 1992. Int J Env Edu & Inf, 13(2):183-208.
- (1994): Environment and Development: Approaches to strategies for the improvement of human well-being in Abakaliki area, Nigeria. Environmental Conservation, 21(4):359-61. https://www.jstor.org/stable/44519013. Corpus ID: 85703561. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0376892900033695.
- (1994): Contamination of soils and rice by heavy metals in the
Enyigba-Abakaliki lead and zinc mine, Nigeria. Toxicol & Environ Chem, 41:125-30. Corpus ID: 97501504. https://doi.org/10.1080/02772249409357967.
- (1994): Evaluating baseline data for lead (Pb) and cadmium
(Cd) in rice, yam, cassava, and guinea grass from cultivated soils in
Nigeria. Toxicol & Env Chem, 45:45-56. Corpus ID: 97761507. https://doi.org/10.1080/02772249409358069.
.....(1994) ibid ERRATUM Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry. DOI: 10.1080/02772249409358106.
.....(1995): Latent constraints for improved environmental health management in non-industrialised countries. Env Manage & Hlth,
- Chrysanthus Chukwuma Sr .(1995): Environmental,
developmental and health perspectives in Egypt. Env Manage & Hlth, 6(1):38-46. https://doi.org/10.1108/09566169510078458.
- (1995): Social welfare and population dynamics in Egypt with particular referencep to the status of women. Int J Env Edu & Inf,
- (1995): Administrative policy and co-operative responsibility
for environmental protection and sustainable development in
Nigeria. Int J Env Edu & Inf, 14(4):393-404.
- (1995): Application of global concepts to the Nigerian food crisis. Economic Planning in Free Societies. Journal for Agriculture & Related Studies, 31(5):3-9.
- (1995): Strategy for environmental impact assessment,
planning and management of non-ferrous metal mining operations in Nigeria. Environmental Conservation, 22(3):261-3. https://www.jstor.org/stable/44521615. https://doi.org/10.1017/50376892900010675.(The only paper on/for Nigeria/Africa cited at UNEP EIA Conference in Nairobi, 1995).
- (1995): Evaluating baseline data for copper, manganese, nickel, and zinc in rice, yam, cassava, and guinea grass from cultivated soils in Nigeria. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment,
53(1):47-61. Corpus ID: 84722037. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-
- .(1995): ibid Erratum, 56(1):71-74.
- (1995): A comparative study of cadmium, lead, zinc, pH and bulk density from the Enyigba lead and zinc mine in two different seasons. Ecotoxicol & Env Safety, 31(3):246-9. Corpus ID: 2855237. https://doi.org/10.1006/eesa.1995.1070.
......(1995) DISSERTATION: Integrative Procedure for Envirinmental Impact assessment, Planning and Management of Nonzkferrous Metal Mining Ioerations in Nigeria. DOI: 10.13140/ RG.2.2.34020.12167.
- (1995): Type II diabetic nephropathy in perspective. J Diab
Comp, 9(1):55-67. https://doi.org/10.1016/1056-8727(93)90019-U.
- (1996): Comments on the environmental health implications of Acanthamoeba. Int J Env Hlth Res, 6(1):49-54. https://doi.org/10.1080/09603129609356872.
- (1996): Cryptosporidium: still a public health problem - A
review. Nigeria Medical Journal, 30(1):6-10.
- (1996): Microsporidium in AIDS patients - A perspective. East
African Medical Journal, 73(1):74-8. PMID: 8625869.
- (1996): Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome in Sub-saharan Africa: epidemiological, sociological and preventive perspectives. Scandinavian J of development alternatives, 15(2):74-89.
- (1996): Perspectives for a sustainable society. Environ Manage
& Hlth, 7(5):6-20. https://doi.org/10.1108/09566169610130377.
- (1996): Defining environmental management and planning policy in Nigeria. Int J Agric Med & Rural Hlth, 20(1):13-18.
- C. Chukwuma Sr (1996): Undergirding environmental legislation
and citizen participation in developing countries. Int J Env Edu & Inf,
- (1996): Environmental impact assessment of development projects and natural resources - A viewpoint. Int J Env Studies,
- (1996): Evaluating baseline data for trace elements, pH,
organic matter content, and bulk density in agricultural soils in Nigeria. Water, Air Soil Pollution, 86(1-4):13-34. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00279143.
- (1996): BOOK REVIEW Hunger 1995, Causes of Hunger: fifth annual report on the state of world hunger. Silver Spring, MD, USA, Bread of the World Institute, 1994; pp141. Journal of Modern African Studies, vol 34, no.3. https://www.jstor.org/stable/161384. DOI:
- (1997): Environmental lead exposure in Africa. Ambio,
26(6):399-403. https://www.jstor.org/stable/4314625. DOI:
10.2307/4314625. (SELECTED AS A RESOURCE OR REFERENCE FOR THE HEAVY METAL, LEAD by EPA/UNEP-Infoterra/USA Earthlink Nov/ Dec 1997).
- (1997): Development and Implementation of Environmental Monitoring and Information Systems for Water Resources in Nigeria and Neighbouring Countries. Paper presented, Ministry of Water Resources and Rural Development in Collaboration with The World Bank Programme, Gateway Hotel, Abeokuta, Nov 17-22, 1997.
- C. Chukwuma, Sr & J. Tuomilehto (1998): The ''thrifty''
hypotheses: Clinical and epidemiological significance for non- insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease risk factors. J Cardiovasc Risk. Euro J Cardiovascular Prev Rehab,
- C. Chukwuma, Sr (1998): Environmental and social consequences of metals and mines on water. Int J Env Studies,
- (1998): Development and implementation of environmental
monitoring and information systems for water resources. Env
Manage & Hlth, 9(4):153-9. DOI: 10.1108/09566169810228908.
- (1998): Environmental issues and our chemical world - the need for a multi-dimensional approach in environmental safety, health and management. Env Manage & Hlth, 9(2-3):136-43. https:// doi.org/10.1108/09566169810222238.
- C. Chukwuma, Sr (2000): Land degradation and remediation in Nigeria: Current problems, implications, and modeling for future global change in agricultural and mining areas. Int J Env Studies. An IAIR Electronic Journal, ISSN 1097-7104, vol. 3.
- (2001): Environmental health concepts and issues - A
viewpoint. Int J Env Studies, 58:631-44. Corpus ID: 96789304. DOI:
- Dele Raheem & Chrysanthus Chukwuma, Sr (2001): Foods from cassava and their relevance to Nigeria, and other African countries. Agriculture & Human Values, 18(4):383-90. DOI:
- C. Chukwuma, Sr (2004): Integrated Environmental Monitoring
and Information Systems for Mineralized Areas, Mining Operations and GroundWater Resources. UN-Habitat 2004 Best Practices Database In Improving The Living Environment, BLP 2008. DOI:
- Antikainen RL, Moltchanov VA, Chukwuma, C Sr et al (2006): Trends in the prevalence, awareness, treatment and control of hypertension: the WHO MONICA Project. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehab, 13(1):13-29. DOI: 10.1097/01.hjr.0000185977.82383.65.
- C. Chukwuma Sr. (2008): Cambridge Journals Online CJO Abstracts:
BOOK REVIEW - Hunger 1995, Causes of Hunger: fifth annual report on the state of world hunger. Silver Spring, MD, USA, Bread of the World Institute, 1994; pp141. Journal of Modern African Studies, vol
34, no.3. https://www.jstor.org/stable/161384. DOI: 10.2307/161384.
- (2009): Cambridge Journals Online - CJO Abstracts - Environment and Development: Approaches to strategies for the improvement of human well-being in Abakaliki area, Nigeria. Environmental Conservation, 21(4):359-61. https://www.jstor.org/stable/44519013. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0376892900033695.
- (2009): Cambridge Journals Online - CJO Abstracts -Strategy
for environmental impact assessment, planning and management of non-ferrous metal mining operations in Nigeria. Environmental Conservation, 22(3):261-3. https://www.jstor.org/stable/44521615. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0376892900010675.
- C Chukwuma Sr (2011): Environmental impact assessment, land degradation and remediation in Nigeria: current problems and implications for future global change in agricultural and mining areas. International Journal of Sustainable Development
& World Ecology, 18(1):36-42. https://doi.org/10.1080/13504509.2011.543837.
......(2014). Convergence of the Nigerian food and agricultural crisis on sustainable development.. Journal of Agricultural Extension and Rural Development Vol.6(2) , pp. 61-68. DOI: 10.5897/JAERD11.156.
-......... (2014) Information-Base and Determinants of Medical Specialization and Primary Care: A View Point, JBAH Vol 4 No. 8.
- ...........(2014), Is Diabetes a Model for Gene-environment Interaction in Premature
Senescence? Vol 4, No. 25. http://www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JBAH/article/view/17380.
.......(2015) Paradigm for implementing sustainable modalities against the emergence and re- emergence of parasitoses and infectious diseases. Applied Sciences Reports, 9(3): 129-138. DOI:
.....(2016) Control mechanisms of protein-protein interactions in
biosynthetic pathways of bacteria and fungi. Applied Science
Reports, 14(3): 258-267. DOI: 10.15192/Pscp.asr.2016.14.3.258267.
- (2016) Approaches to Issues and Concepts of Heavy Metals in Biochemical and Biosynthetic Pathways.http://www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JBAH/article/view/
- (2016) Macromolecular interactions: Trends and Targets. Asian Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology.1(1): 7-13 www.ikpress.org/abstract/5915.
....(2016) Strategy for sustainable human health and environment in petroleum-contaminated areas. www.aijcsr.com/index.php/aij/article/view/26.
- ..(2017) Regulation of protein-carbohydrate interactions in bacteria and fungi. Journal of bacteriology and mycology http://austinpublishinggroup.com/bacteriology/fulltext/bacteriology- v4-id1041.pdf. https://doi.org/10.26420/jbacteriolmycol.2017.1041.
- (2017) Comments on bacterial and fungal interactions in medicine, agriculture and the environment. IJARBS. :http://dx.doi.org/10.22192/ijarbs.2017.04.08.002.
- (2017) A conspectus on macromolecular interactions in health and disease. WOAR IJPMR
vol 5 issue
- .(2018) Convergence on the constraints and challenges in the awareness, prevention,
treatment and control of type 2 diabetes and related conditions. GJMR vol 17 issue 3 version 1.0. https://www.medicalresearchjournal.org/index.php/GJMR/article/view/1415
.............. (2018) Flaws in risk assessment. International Journal of Food Safety, Nutrition, Public Health and Technology IJFSNPHT 10 (2):10-17 http://www.ijfsnpht.org/Home/papers- published/ijfsnpht-2018-volume-10-issue-2ijfsnpht-2018-volume-10-issue-2. DOI:
....(2018) Bioinformatics-base and determinants in the spatiotemporal variations of emerging and reemerging infectious diseases - Journal of Infectious Diseases and Preventive Medicine.
Journal of Ancient Diseases & Preventive Remedies. 06(02) DOI:10.4172/2329.8731.1000182. https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/bioinformanticsbase-and-determinants-of-the- spatiotemporal-variations-of-emerging-and-reemerging-infectious-diseases-2329-8731-
.....(2018) Paradigm on sustainable human health, environment and petroleum contamination: constraints and challenges. Corpus ID: 56122645. https://doi.org/10.20944/preprints201810.0044.v1.
.. (2018) Type 1 diabetes dilemma in sub-Saharan Africa. Med Res Chron 5(6):421-25. www.medrech.com/forthcoming-articles. DOI: 10.26838/MEDRECH.2018.5.6.443.
.......(2018) Type 1 diabetes: issues, challenges and opportunities. Edelweiss Applied Science and Technology http://edelweisspublications.com/edelweiss/article/type-1-diabetes- mellitus-issues-challenges-opportunities-2576-8484-east-18-
223.pdf. DOI: 10.33805/2576-8484.156.
.........(2019) Features of protein-protein with protein-rna interactions in bacteria and fungi. austinpublishinggroup.com/bacteriology/fulltext/bacteriology-v6-id1093.pdf DOI: 10.26420/jbacteriolmycol.2019.1093.
.....(2019) Presentations of protein-protein-rna interactions in bacteria and fungi. J Bacteriol
Mycol. DOI: 10.26420/jbacteriolmycol.2019.1093.
.....(2019) Restoration and Sustainability of Petroleum- contaminated Sites in the Human Environment MAT JOURNALS | Zenodo https://zenodo.org/communities/mat-journals/search DOI:
.......(2019) Prevalence, awareness, treatment and control of hypertension amongst non-diabetic and Type 2 diabetic patients in Finland (1987-1997). Journal of molecular pharmaceuticals and regulatory affairs. matjournals.in/index.php/JMPRA/article/view/4221. http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3361925.
......(2019) Characterization of protein-lipid interactions in biosystems processes. J Biotech Res 5(50): 93-9. https:// doi.org/10.32861/jbr.510.93.99 https://arpgweb.com/journal/16/archive/10-2019/10/5.
....(2019) Cryptosporidium: Public health problems and environmental indicators. Austin
Medical Sciences, 4(2): 1036 ams-v4-id1036.pdf.
......(2019) Regulatory and metabolic interactions of carbohydrates and lipids in diabetes and obesity. J Biotech Res 5(11): 123-127 doi.org/10.32861/jbr/511.123.127.
......(2019) Co-morbid presentations and coronary heart disease risks with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Austin Medical Sciences, 4(2):id1037; ams-v4-
.......(2019) Dynamic attributes of lipid and carbohydrate interactions in biosystems. Recent trends in pharmaceutical sciences and research 2(1): 45-
......(2019) Coexistence of Type 1 diabetes mellitus and risk factors of coronary heart disease. SARJAMS. 2019; 1(1). SARJAMS_11_25-33.pdf.
.......(2020) The complexity of communicable and non-communicable diseases in vulnerable populations. ABBSR vol 3 issue 1. DOI:
......(2020) Regulation of protein-nucleic acid interactions in biosynthetic pathways of bacteria and fungi: Channels for drug leads. iatrology Archives. iatrology.org/journal/archives/paper.php/?pid=regulation-of-protein-nucleic- acid-interactions-in-biosynthetic-pathways-of-bacteria-and-fungi-channels- for-drug-leads.
......(2020) The burden of access to insulin analogues in vulnerable populations. Adv Res
Endocrinol Metab, vol 2 issue 1, pp68-73.
......(2020) An overview of the neurological consequences of obesity and diabetes. Journal of neuroscience and neuropsychology. 3: 106.
........(2020) Ecological features of the association between mortality and determinants or salient risk factors of cardiovascular disease. IJCBR 6(3): 18-23 https://doi.org/10.31878/ijcbr.2020.63.05.
....(2020) Ecological attributes between the association of mortality and putative risk factors of cardiovascular disease. Int J Clin Biomed Res. 6(3): 18-23 https://doi.org/10.31878/ijcbr.2020.63.05.
..........(2020) Information and communication needs in the administration of ibuprofen in the treatment of symptoms in COVID-19 patients. The Journal of Medical Research 6(4): 128-130 https://doi.org/10.31254/jmr.2020.6405.
........(2020) Metabolic co-regulation of protein and nucleic acid interactions in fungi and
bacteria. MAT Journals, Journal of Advances in Pharmacy Practices 2(2): 41-51. DOI: 10.46610/ JAPP.2020.v02i02.005.
.......(2020) Aging, cellular senescence and diabetes mellitus: Clinicopathological correlates, trends and targets. IGRPS. Research Article IJPIT 2(1): 105.
......(2020) Aging, cellular senescence and diabetes mellitus: Clinicopathological correlates, trends and targets. Archives of Health Science. 10.31829-2641-7456-ahs2020-4(1)-131.
........(2020) Environmental and public health repercussions of the heavy metal lead (Pb) in the pediatric population. BJSTR.MS.ID.005112.pdf DOI: 10.26717/BJSTR.2020.31.005112.
.......(2020) Probing research precincts focused on systematic determination of the biological effects of macromolecular interactions. International Journal of Applied Science and Engineering Review (IJASER) vol 1 issue 6. http://www.ijaser.org/link.php?id=31.
.....(2020) Hunger in the COVID-19 pandemic. IJARR 5(11): 20-23.
......(2020) To what extent for improved water supply? Editorial, IJARBS 7(12): i-ii. DOI:
.....(2021) Ecological analysis of the COVID-19 pandemic. Biomedical Research and Clinical
......(2021) Re-thinking poverty and health issues in the environment of the COVID-19 pandemic. Int J Adv Res Rev, IJARR. 6(1): 26-29.
.....(2021) Ecological analysis of the COVID-19 pandemic for restoration and sustainability. Research and Advances in Pharmacy and Life Sciences. Vol 3 Issue 1.
......(2021) Strategy on poverty exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic. IJCSRD, 1(2): 105-
.....(2021) Book.pdf. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/348163959_Book_pdf. DOI:
.....(2021) The clinicopathological correlates of cystoisosporiasis in immunocompetent, immunocompromised and HIV-infected/AIDS patients but neglected in SARS-CoV-2/COVID-
19 patients? Int J Clin Microbiol Biochem Technol, 4: 001-004. DOI:
:::::(2021) Concern of Acanthamoeba
keratitis during the COVID-19
pandemic . Journal of Infectious
Diseases & Diagnosis. Volume 6 Issue
S3 No: 100002:
......(2021) Explicating the presentations of Acanthamoeba keratitis with special concern in the
COVID-19 pandemic ambient. IJCMBT 4: 010. DOI: 10.29328/journal.ijcmbt.1001020.
....(2021) Regulation of protein-protein interactions in the biosynthetic pathways of bacteria and fungi. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.34182.50247.
.....(2021) Presentations of protein-protein-rna interactions in bacteria and fungi. DOI: 10.13140/ RG.2.2.30466.61127.
.....(2021) Ecosystem cadastre of plant-soil interactions with nonferrous metals. IJCRCPS. 8(6):
......(2021) Exploring the complex interplay in the regulation of cardiac pathophysiological functions by protein kinases and phosphatases. Int J Biosci & Biochem. 3(2): 1-7.
.......(2021) Challenges and opportunities in accessing veritable vaccines and curbing the dissemination and excesses of the SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19 variants. Middle East Publishers Scholars International Journal of Biochemistry. 4(9): 108-111. DOI:
.....(2021) The complex interplay in the regulation of cardiac pathophysiologic functionalities by protein kinases and phosphatases. J Cardiology & Cardiovasc Med, JCCM. 6: 048-054. DOI: 10.29328/journal.jccm.1001118.
......(2021) Accessing vaccines with compliance to stem the emergence and dissemination of the SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19 variants. eBook: Research Trends of Microbiology, MedDocs Publishers LLC. Volume 3, Chapter 2, pp 12-15. https://bit.ly/3Cp663c.
.......(2021) Gain-of-Function Research and Geopolitics in the Emergence and Reemergence of Infectious Diseases and Microbiome Variants. International Journal of Chemical and Life Sciences. 10(8): 2197-2205. DOI: 10.2.1746/ijcls.2021.10.8.2.
......(2021) Environmental health perspectives on the emergence and re-emergence of infectious diseases, geopolitics and gain-of-function research. Journal of biomedical research & environmental sciences DOI: 10.37871/jbres1386:
,,,,,,,(2021) Syndemics of chronic and acute diseases in vulnerable populations, DOI:
.....(2021) Probing the emergence and the re-emergence of infectious diseases, geopolitics and gain-of-function research. DOI: 10.36686/Ariviyal.CSER.2021.03.08.046.
.....(2022) Features of the emergence and re-emergence of infectious diseases, geopolitics and gain-of-function research, International Journal of Coronaviruses, DOI:
.....(2022) Features in the emergence and reemergence of infectious diseases, gain-of- function research and geopolitics. Biomed J Sci & Tech Res, 40(5)-
2022.BJSTR.MS.ID.006500. DOI: 10.26717/BJSTR.2022.40.006500.
....(2022) Protein-protein and protein-nucleic acid interactions in the biosynthetic pathways, metabolic and cellular processes of bacteria and fungi. DOI:
.....(2022) Perspectives in the emergence and re-emergence of infectious diseases, geopolitics and gain-of-function research. Scholars international journal of biochemistry DOI:
....(2022) Pathophysiologic functions of carbohydrate-lipid interactions: Ascertainment in obesity, diabetes and SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19. Journal of biotechnology and its applications, 1(1): 1-6.
.....(2022) Environmental cadastre of plant-soil interactions in the uptake and distribution of heavy metals or trace elements. Advanced Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, AJEST, 7(1): 265-275.
.....(2022) Etiopathophysiological functions of carbohydrate-lipid interactions associated with obesity, diabetes and COVID-19. Diabetes & Obesity International Journal, 7(1), DOI: 10.23880/doij-16000252.
....(2022) Geopolitical issues in health and biosecurity concerning gain-of-function research, emergence and re-emergence of infectious diseases. International Journal of Clinical Virology. DOI: 10.29328/journal.ijcv.1001043.
carbohydrate-lipid interactions in
COVID-19, obesity, and diabetic
individuals. OAJBS.ID.000427.pdf. 4
(2): 1721-25. DOI: 10.38125/
......(2022) Progress in the ascertainment of vaccines regarding SARS-CoV-2 during the COVID-19 pandemic and in the future. Progress in Medical Sciences, 6(2): 1-4. DOI: 10.5455/pms.20221052.
PROFESSIONAL & RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
My professional and research activities include medicine, primary healthcare, epidemiology, diabetes, cardiology, neurology, cerebrovascular diseases, SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19, HIV/AIDS & other (re)emerging infectious diseases, population & gender issues, food security, health & environmental issues, mining & mining-related matters, biochemistry and related sciences, etc. My interest is also in the application of information technology in health, environment, administration & development for the future. I have excellent interpersonal communication skills and effectiveness; ability to think logically under pressure; strategic thinking, analysis & presentation; PC literacy & competence; defining a problem, evaluating data, making relevant inferences from available information, communicating effectively orally & in writing, presenting information for professional & lay audiences; advocating for developmental, environmental & public health programmes & resources, interacting with the media; collecting & summarizing data relevant to an issue, stating policy options, deciding on appropriate courses of action, developing a plan to implement the policy, developing mechanisms to monitor & evaluate programmes for their effectiveness; understanding the dynamic forces which contribute to cultural diversity, interacting sensitively with persons from different socioeconomic & educational backgrounds, & with persons of all ages & lifestyle preferences, identifying the role of
cultural, social & behavioural factors in determining natural resources, environment & development projects as well as illness & disease; understanding that needy communities have strengths as well as weaknesses and that one usually builds from the strengths; ability to work effectively as partners with those who live in environments of poverty and social devastation/deprivation, ability to understand & motivate individuals & groups to concerted action, effectiveness in building coalitions & organizing groups to advocate for healthier opportunities for women, children & the elderly; defining, assessing & understanding the health states of
populations by applying behavioural/social/biomedical sciences; developing & presenting a budget, determining fiscal priorities, monitoring programme performance, applying basic human relations skills for managing organizations, & resolving conflicts. LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY: Igbo>English > Spanish> Portuguese> French> Finnish> Swedish >Italian
RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES: Table tennis & other sports; music &
other entertainment industry